Tuesday, September 15, 2026

To my Goddess

 Ένα αγγλικό ποίημα, από τα φοιτητικά μου χρόνια



To my Goddess

  (How have I been able to foresee her? 4-10-71)

 

Her hair was like a golden streem

That glittered in sunshine

Of crowns the most beautiful

Any princess could not find

 

Her cheeks were the most beautiful

That one has ever seen

Her lips were the most roseful

That kissed have never been

 

But what was shining above all

Upon that fine face

The almond-like diamonds

Her eyes, how could one face

 

Their spark was that of thousand suns

That melted our young hearts

Their spark revealed worlds of love

Of beauty, of fun that hearts

 

Our youngster’s pride, to fall on knees

In that divine to pray

Goddess, that smiling kneels

Upon us, the desparate

 

This is the only English poem (αργότερα έγραψα σίγουρα ένα ακόμη) that I have ever written, delivered as an assignment, commissioned by our teacher in English. Like it? I do not consider myself as a poet (από τότε), even as a moderate one. That’s why I am proud of it. It causes me smile whenever I read it. April 1970, Δευτεροετής φοιτητής στο Τμήμα Αγγλικών Σπουδών του ΕΚΠΑ (το πρώτο μου πτυχίο, το δεύτερο ήταν στο Φιλοσοφικό Τμήμα, και μ’ αυτό διορίστηκα σαν φιλόλογος). Το αναρτώ σαν μαρτυρία, χωρίς καν να διορθώσω τα λάθη του.

  Έψαχνα για κάποιο άλλο, που δεν το βρήκα ακόμη. Θυμόμουνα ότι είχα γράψει ένα ποίημα σε κάποιο οπισθόφυλλο. Τελικά δεν ήταν στο Nikos Kazantzakis, sa vie et son oeuvre της Collette Janiaud-Lust αλλά στο Critique de la raison dialectic του Σαρτρ. Και τα δυο ήταν εδώ στην Κρήτη. Να σημειώσω ότι είχα αναρτήσει κάποια ποιήματα που βρήκα στα ημερολόγιά μου και στην αυτοβιογραφία μου, που τα έγραψα σαν φοιτητής.

P.S. Για τη Θεά μου έγραψα ποίημα. Για τον Άγγελό μου βιογραφία.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment